The Michigan Image Reconstruction Toolbox (MIRT) is a collection of open source algorithms for image reconstruction (and related imaging problems) written in Mathwork’s MATLAB language.
The toolbox includes the following:
- Iterative and non-iterative algorithms for tomographic imaging (PET, SPECT, X-ray CT).
- Methods for magnetic resonance (MR) image reconstruction, including compensation for off-resonance effects (field inhomogeneity, susceptibility, etc.).
- Methods for MR RF pulse design, including MRI spectral-spatial pulse design for phase-precompensatory slice selection.
- Iterative image restoration tools.
- Methods for B-spline based image registration with regularization to encourage the deformation to be invertible (diffeomorphic).
- A NUFFT Matlab toolbox that performs fast and accurate nonuniform FFT computations.
1Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department of the College of Engineering, University of Michigan, United States